Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu married actor Karan Singh Grover recently in a beautiful ceremony. While it’s no big surprise that the event was extremely lavish and extravagant with the entire Bollywood turning up to bless the happy couple, what I loved about it that the couple looked fabulously joyous and radiant(bless them!) throughout the ceremony. The happy couple was so looking so in love that you can actually feel the warmth emanating from their pics.
Since it was one of the most beautiful celebrity weddings that I came across and so fairytale dreamy, I hope the Brides-to-be would love to take a few inspirations from it. So, lets’ take a closer look….
- DRESS: For her Mehendi ceremony, Bipasha wore and looked super pretty in a gorgeous floral pink and muted gold lehenga by the very talented designer Anushree Reddy. Reddy is specially known for her floral motifs and super feminine designs.
2. MAKEUP: She kept her makeup soft and subtle and used soft pink highlights to draw attention to her lovely cheekbones. Mascara and shadow completed her makeup. Her makeup ensured that most attention was drawn to her best features and imparted a fresh natural look, in keeping with her dress.
3. ACCESSORIES: Jewelry and accessories were kept to a minimal with a single multilayered pearl necklace and matching earrings. Floral accessories were the best part of her attire and beautifully complemented her floral lehenga. Her headband and haathphool (hand accessories) looked super cute.
4. HAIR: Bipasha decided to keep her long mane open in soft waves adding a boho touch to the ensemble.
If you thought Bipasha’s mehendi look was dreamy, then you should definitely check out her bridal avatar. Here’s a break-down of her bridal ensemble.
- DRESS: Bipasha chose to wear a gorgeous red traditional lehenga for her wedding ceremony. The heavy lehenga was designed by none other than Sabyasachi Mukherjee( My dream designer).
2. ACCESSORIES: For the wedding, Bipasha decided to go traditional and wore all the jewelry a typical Bengali Bride wears for her wedding. Checkout the huge nath(nosering) and jhumar earrings complementing her intricately detailed lehenga.
Adding a royal touch to the overall look is the ‘Jodha-Akbar’ style Collar necklace and a broad Maatha-patti(head ornament worn along the hairline. The traditional polki bangles look lovely on any bride. Also checkout the huge red bindi, again typical of Bengali brides.
3. MAKEUP: Makeup is absolutely flawless. the problem that most brides face is that their makeup is so loud that it becomes difficult to recognize them. No makeup should transform you to the point of a complete identity loss. You are unique and your makeup should bring out your best features. In Bipasha’s case, I called makeup ‘flawless’ coz she looked her pretty self and yet her makeup brought out her beautiful chiseled features.
4. HAIR: Check out her neatly pulled back in a tight bun hair. This is the most preferred hairstyle among the brides-to-be and gives a cleaner look. It is also much easier to carry for the brides.
The wedding reception is the time to relax and just be yourself. And that’s what Bipasha did…
- DRESS: Bipasha chose a gold flowing Sabyasachi lehenga for her wedding reception. As you can see, the lehenga is much lighter and free flowing despite the embellishments and bling. It allows you to relax and move around easily so that you can mingle with your friends and family without worrying about the burden of your dress.
2. ACCESSORIES: The accessories were kept to a minimum with only a light multilayerad necklace and danglers for jewelry. The sleeves of the top are embellished around the wrists, hence limiting any wrist accessories(barring the traditional shakha-pola)
3. MAKEUP: The makeup is simple with only the red bold lipstick and bindi as the main attractions. The best makeup of the bride is her inner glow that comes from happiness and in case of Bipasha, it’s present in heaps. In all, an elegant but very relaxed outfit and look.
4. HAIR: Her hair was loose and kept to their natural wavy self.
So your see how Bipasha tried three looks which were all so different from the others and each look was so perfect for the occasion at hand.
You can also experiment with different looks for each event of your wedding. All it needs is some proper thinking and planning and for that your good friend( ME..) is always there to help you out. Do write to me for suggestions and inputs and do let me know your thoughts on this post.
Disclaimer: All Images sourced from the internet. Copyright belong to their respective owners.