Do you get tanned as easily as I do?? If the answer is YES! then I’m sure you must be on the lookout for ways to get rid of that stubborn summer tan…In that case you have come to the right spot coz today I’m going to share with you some very easy homemade tips to combat that aweful tan. Since the ingredients used in these recipes are natural, they have absolutely no harmful effect on your already sensitized and sun damaged skin.
One of the best recipes to remove sun tan and blemishes caused due to harmful rays of the sun. Masoor daal is known for its skin-lightening properties and can also be used to smoothen out uneven skin tones and patchiness caused due to skin damage.
- Grind some masoor dal in a grinder to make fine powder.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this powder and add 1 ts of yogurt.
- Add little lemon juice and mix well to make a paste.
- Apply on face and hands and keep until dry.
- Remove gently my moistening the pack and moving your fingers in clockwise and anticlockwise motion.
- Wash with water and pat dry. Use every 3-4 days for best results.
Besan is available in every kitchen and is one the safest and most inexpensive ways to cure many skin problems. It works wonders for dry and rough skin.
- Take 2 ts of besan and add 1 ts of yogurt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Make a paste and apply on face and neck.
- Keep for 20 minutes and then rinse with water. Pat dry.
- Use every 2 days for to get rid of the tan.
This pack is great for exfoliation and also works wonders for dry, blotchy skin or uneven skin tones.
This is one of the best de-tan face packs.
- Take a ripe tomato. Mash it to get a paste. Remove skin of the tomato.
- Add a spoon of yogurt and 1/2 ts of lemon juice.
- Mix well to make a paste.
- Apply on affected areas and allow it to dry.
- Moisten it with water and rub gently in clockwise and anticlockwise motion.
- Wash with fresh water and pat dry. Use regularly to get rid of your summer tan.
Cucumber has a cooling property and is hence great for sun-damaged skin. You can also use this pack if you are experiencing redness or soreness due to exposure to harmful rays of the sun.
- Grate half cucumber. Squeeze to extract juice.
- In 1 ts of this juice add 1 ts of rose water and 1/2 ts of lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply on face, neck and hands. Allow it to dry. Wash with cold water. Don’t rub. gently pat dry.
- Use everyday after being exposed to sun. Also use a good sunscreen everyday before going out in sun.
Papaya has skin lightening properties and helps in removal of sun tan, dark spots and blemishes. It helps in skin renewal, and restoration of damaged skin. Honey used in the pack has cooling and regenerative properties.
- Take a ripe papaya and mash to get a paste.
- Add 1 ts of honey and mix well.
- Apply on face and neck and keep for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with water.